Table of Content
- 1 Why Update Kodi On Firestick (Benefits)
- 2 How To Update Kodi On Firestick (3 Methods)
In this tutorial, I am going to help you in updating Kodi on Firestick. If you want to update Kodi 18.6 on Firestick then this tutorial will help you a lot. Anytime, you can ask your queries in the comment box and I’ll happily answer those. Read this tutorial until the end. Here’s are the improvements and new features of Kodi 18.6 (Leia).
The outdated version of Kodi (Krypton 17.6) is causing a lot of errors while using. Also, Kodi Jarvis is not supporting many outstanding add-ons and consuming more space on your device to store Kodi error logs. People might be addicted to the UI of Jarvis or Krypton and this could be one reason why they are not updating Kodi to the latest version.
The recent version of Kodi is known as Krypton and the latest update in this is v18.6. Kodi users reported many errors in Jarvis 16.1 and developers has been fixed all known errors in this update. So, I strongly recommend you to update Kodi on your Firestick, so that you can enjoy all the latest features in real-time. If you don’t know how to update Kodi on Firestick then I am guiding you in 3 different methods.
Don’t Miss: How To Jailbreak Firestick In 3 Minutes
Why Update Kodi On Firestick (Benefits)
It’s very common practice in humans that, once they use something for a good period of time, they start loving it and being comfortable with that. The same thing happened in the case of Kodi, people are comfortable with Kodi Jarvis and they use it. But, there are lot’s of errors reported by users, and many Kodi add-ons are not supported by Kodi Jarvis.
As per users’ feedback, XBMC developers released the Kodi 18.6 and fixed all existing bugs which were existing in the earlier version. So, once you update Kodi 18.6 then you’ll get rid of all those bugs and errors. Here are some benefits you’ll have once you update Kodi to v18.6 (Leia)-
- All existing bugs have been fixed.
- UI is improved.
- Supports all the latest Kodi addons.
- Supports all Kodi Skins.
- The Buffering issue has been fixed.
- Kodi 18.6 is faster and smoother.
So, these are some features you’ll get in Kodi Krypton 17.6. If you want, follow the step by step tutorial given below to update Kodi on Firestick. Before updating Kodi on firestick, please take a backup of all your data. Follow this guide to learn how to backup Kodi data on firestick.
How To Update Kodi On Firestick (3 Methods)
There are multiple methods and processes to update Kodi on firestick but, I am going to explain the 3 easiest methods. If you want to update Kodi on Firestick then follow any of these methods.
Method #1- How To Update Kodi On Firestick (Easiest Method)
- Open Firestick.
- Go to Apps> then Kodi.
- Select Add-Ons.
- Choose the Package installer option from the top left corner.
- Select Install from repository.
- Select the Kodi Add-Ons repository.
- Open Program Add-Ons.
- Find Kodi Android Installer.
- Select the install button.
- Go to Kodi Add-Ons> then Program Add-Ons.
- Find Kodi Android Installer.
- Choose releases.
- Open the Arm Kodi Release folder.
- Select Kodi-18.6-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk
- Install Kodi Krypton file which is downloading on your device.
Method #2- How To Update Kodi On Firestick (Using ES File Explorer)
- Go to the firestick home.
- Open search bar.
- Type ES File Explorer.
- Download ES File Explorer.
- Open ES File Explorer.
- Go to tools> download manager.
- Type https://www.firestickhelp.com/kapk in the URL bar.
- Enter the pathname as Kodi.
- Select OK.
- Hit the download now button.
- Install the downloaded file.
- Back to firestick home.
- Go to apps> open Kodi.
- Install some good Kodi 18.6 add-ons to watch free movies and tv shows.
Method #3- How To Update Kodi On Firestick (Using Android Phone)
- Connect your smart tv with a Wi-Fi network.
- Open Firestick.
- Go to Settins> Network> Get IP Address.
- Open Play Store on Android Phone.
- Install Kodi on your phone.
- Install Apps2Fire App from the Play Store.
- Go to Setup> Enter Firestick IP Address.
- Tap on Connect.
- Go to Local Apps.
- Look for Kodi and install it on your Firestick.
Note- Make sure your Android phone and firestick device, are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Connecting with the same IP address will ensure your device are able to transfer data smoothly.
The earlier version of Kodi has lots of bugs reported by the Kodi Jarvis users. Some popular Kodi add-ons are not working on older version of Kodi and people are frequently facing the buffering issue with Kodi. So, these are three simples steps that will able to update Kodi on firestick. Even all android-powered devices can be updated to Kodi 18.6 by following the above methods. Feel free to write in the comment box, if you are facing any trouble in updating Kodi on Firestick.