Table of Content
In this tutorial, we are going to read about step by step process to install Kodi on the Chromecast app. There are three methods to use Kodi on Chromecast but the #2nd is really easy. If you are looking for the same tutorial then read this guide completely.
Technology has definitely emerged and has changed by leaps and bounds. There is completely no doubt in the fact that there are various things that have come into existence and have worked towards making our lives better. There is completely no doubt in the fact that when it comes to technology, the world of entertainment definitely is ruled by it. Is absolutely no doubt in the fact that the media players play a great role in providing the best services for entertainment all in all?
One of the best free, as well as an open-source media player that people can come across without a doubt, is the Kodi. If there are any streaming media then Kodi is possible to the best software to stream the same.
One of the most important things that people must understand is the fact that how to install Kodi. It is available both on the phones as well as the PC is without a problem. This is exactly why the installation process for both will be different.
How To Install Kodi On Google Chromecast
Kodi can we really installed in the Chromecast as well. Chromecast is practical storage for digital media players and it is developed by Google. One thing that you may want to know is How To Install Kodi On Chromecast? Well, let us tell you that there are three methods in which you can do so.
Steps To Install Kodi On Chromecast (Method #1)
First of all, download the following necessary files on your device before installing Kodi on Chromecast-
- ES File Explorer (From Play Store)
- Install Kodi on Android
- LocalCast App (From Play Store)
- PlayerFactoryCore.XML file
Following are the steps that you must follow in order to do the same:
- The first step is to make sure that you downloaded the ES File Explorer. You will also need to download the Kodi, LocalCast as well as the .xml file PlayerFactoryCore…
- The next step is; open the ES File Explorer.
- Then you will have to go to the settings and then on to the display settings on the same.
- You will have to ensure that there is a tick on the “Show hidden files” option.
- Then you will have to absolutely ensure that the Kodi or that of the XBMC media center is actually in a connection to that of the Kodi app. I would recommend you connect both the devices with the same WiFi network.
- The very next step is to make sure that you are going to the ES File Explorer one more time. And then you will have to go to the Downloads folder.
- In this particular folder, you will be introduced to the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file which you already downloaded above.
- From here you will have to copy the very PlayerFactoryCore.xml file.
- Then you will have to go to the Android,
- And next to the Data.
- Then you will have to look for the “org.xbmc.kodi” or that of the “org.xbmc.xbmc” for Kodi you will have to look up the “org.xbmc.kodi”
- Then you will have to go to the Files and click on the same. and next, you will have to move into Kodi and then to that of the user data.
- Here you will have to paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file into this folder.
- Next, you will have to open Kodi and then you will have to go through with the video file.
The next thing you know will be that the application of Kodi will launch very easily and that too completely automatically on that of the LocalCast. But in android, you will be asked that which casting app will you like to get through with. On completion, you will be asked to press the Play and then the device you want to stream the same will be asked of you.
Once you press the Play again, it will start playing.
Steps To Install Kodi On Chromecast (Method #2)
- The first step is to make sure that you open the Chromecast app on that of the android device.
- Then you will have to open the menu and then get through with the “Cast screen/ audio”. Then you will have to get through with the various options.
- Then you will have to open the very Kodi application.
- Then all you have to do is make sure that you are finding the appropriate video and playing the same.
- This will easily permit both devices to play the same. But then again taking calls will not be permitted.
How To Install Kodi On Google Chromecast Using PC (Method #3)
There is no doubt in the fact that streaming the same from the PC is not going to be difficult. But then again, the method cannot be considered as sophisticated.
The following are the various processes to follow for the same:
- You will have to make sure that you are downloading the very Chrome as well as the Chromecast app. Then you will also have to ensure that the Kodi or XBMC is also present on your computer.
- Then you will have to make sure that you install Chrome as well as the Chromecast casting extension.
- Then you will have to open Chrome and then you will have to select the “Cast” from that of the Chromecast.
- Next, you will have to find the sentence starting from “Cast this tab to…” Here on the very right, you will find a small arrow. Then you will have to make sure that you click on the very same and then select the “Cast entire screen (experimental)”
When you are done with the same then the computer will be ready to stream on the entire TV.
Then all you have to do is open Kodi and then start the same to watch the videos that you may like. Following these installation methods will be the best for you with the best results. Of course, if you ever had a doubt on How To Install Kodi On Chromecast? Then now hopefully it will be all cleared.