Table of Content
- 1 How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 18.6 (Leia)
- 1.1 1- Open Kodi
- 1.2 2- Go to Settings
- 1.3 3- Select System
- 1.4 4- Select Add-ons
- 1.5 5- Enable Unknown Sources
- 1.6 6- Confirm Warning Pop-up
- 1.7 7- Go to File Manager
- 1.8 8- Select Add source
- 1.9 9- Select <None>
- 1.10 10- Enter repository source
- 1.11 11- Enter Name
- 1.12 12- Save this media source
- 1.13 13- Go to Add-ons
- 1.14 14- Select Package Installer
- 1.15 15- Select Install from zip file
- 1.16 16- Select the Source folder
- 1.17 17- Select the Zip file
- 1.18 18- Go to Program Add-ons
- 1.19 19- Launch Ares Wizard
- 1.20 20- Wait…
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you the step by step process to install Ares Wizard on Kodi. Whether you’re using Kodi on Amazon FireStick, Android Box, PC, or any Smartphone/Tablet; Ares Kodi Wizard can be installed by following the same steps.
Ares Wizard is the most popular tool that every Kodi users loved earlier. But, due to legal problems, Ares Wizard has taken down. It had everything that a Kodi user needs for daily amusement. It used to contain Kodi Addons, Builds, Maintenance Tools, etc.
Due to copyright violations, the Ares Wizard has shut down. Because they were providing illegal content…
Later, Ares Kodi Wizard back online with a clean and legal interface.
However, the developer limited the features of this Kodi Wizard but still it’s #1 Kodi maintenance add-on/plugin with full system backup and lots of more features.
So, in this tutorial, I’m going to guide you for installing Ares Wizard on Kodi 18.6 (Leia)…
Before jumping to the installation steps, let me show some highlighting features of Ares Wizard…
Ares Wizard Features
- Maintenance– You’ll find the Maintenance option in the top navigation once you’ll install Ares Wizard on Kodi. Here you can Delete Thumbnails available on your Kodi device. This option helps in cleaning any unnecessary images and icons from Kodi. Inside the Maintenance tab, you can find Delete Packages and Delete Cache/Temp files stored in the Kodi database. These options help in fixing any buffering error and slowdown of the device.
- Backup and Restore– Ares Wizard provides complete backup and selective backup opportunity. You can take Full System Backup or Addons, Addons Data, Favorite, Sources, Settings, or Custom folder Back up individually. Similarly, it allows you to directly restore the backup just by selecting the Ares Backup file.
- Tweaks– Ares Kodi Wizard helps in customize your Video Cache Size, CURL Timeout, and Read Buffer Factor. As per your requirements, you can edit these options from the Tweaks menu of Ares Wizard.
- More– There are many other features you can find from More menu of Ares Dashboard. It has System Information, Internet Speed Test, Erase All Data/Fresh Start, and much more.
I think it’s enough to understand the role of Ares Wizard on your Kodi device.
Now, let’s move to the installation process…
How to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 18.6 (Leia)
Follow these steps on your device to install Ares Wizard-
1- Open Kodi
First of all, turn on your device where Kodi is installed and launch Kodi to proceed further. Firestick users can launch Kodi by going to Settings> Applications> Manage Installed Applications> Select Kodi> Launch.
2- Go to Settings
You can see three icons in the top left corner. Click on the Gear icon to open Kodi Settings.
3- Select System
At the bottom-right corner, you can see System settings. Just select that option.
4- Select Add-ons
From the left side menu, select Add-ons option.
5- Enable Unknown Sources
In order to install any third-party Kodi addons, we need to enable the Unknown Source option. Click on that Enable/Disable icon.
6- Confirm Warning Pop-up
A warning popup will appear on your device screen, click on Yes to confirm. It’s always recommended to install only trusted add-ons on Kodi to avoid any data theft.
Also, we strongly recommend you to ALWAYS use a good VPN while using any third-party Kodi add-ons. I’m using Express VPN on Kodi, Firestick, PC, and Smartphone. It’s #1 VPN in terms of speed and security.
7- Go to File Manager
Once you enabled the Unknown Sources, go back and select the File manager option to add a media or plugin source.
8- Select Add source
In order to install any third-party add-ons, we need to provide the source URL in the File Manager section. Click on the Add source option to enter the repository address.
9- Select <None>
You can see, there’s no media source specified. Click on <None> option to edit the source.
10- Enter repository source
In order to install Ares Wizard for Kodi, type this URL- http://areswizard.co.uk/
11- Enter Name
Specify the name of this source. I’m installing Ares Wizard, so I type ‘Ares Wizard’ as the source name. You can enter any name in the box. It’s just for identification purposes.
12- Save this media source
Check all the information here and save this media source. To save this source, select the OK button.
13- Go to Add-ons
Exit from the File Manager and select Add-ons option from the left side menu.
14- Select Package Installer
At the top-left corner, you can see three icons. Select the Package Installer option as shown below.
15- Select Install from zip file
Now you can install any Kodi Addon from third-party sources. Select Install from zip file option to install a repository/addons scripts bundle.
16- Select the Source folder
We named it Ares Wizard at Step #11. So, I’ll select the Ares Wizard as a source folder.
17- Select the Zip file
You’ll see a Zip file available on your screen. This zip file contains all scripts of this Repository. Select the script.areswizard-x.x.xx.zip file to install. Here x.x.xx is the latest version of the Ares Wizard repository. It may be different if the developer updates this Kodi plugin.
18- Go to Program Add-ons
Wait for a few seconds until Ares Wizard installed on your Kodi. You’ll get a notification at the top-right corner. Once the addon installed, go back and select Program Add-ons.
19- Launch Ares Wizard
In the program add-ons, you can see Ares Wizard. Click on that to Launch it.
Wait for a few moments and Ares Wizard will load on your Kodi. You can optimize your Kodi with Ares Wizard Maintenance and Tweaks tool. Also, you can do a lot more advanced optimization with this Kodi plugin.